Don’t Be Afraid to Exercise
Exercise and physical activity are among the healthiest things you can do for
yourself, but some older adults are reluctant to exercise. They may be afraid that exercise will be too strenuous,
or that physical activity will harm them.
Research shows that actually the opposite is true. According to the
World Health Organization, regular physical activity:
- Promotes psychological well-being and reduces stress, anxiety and feelings of
depression and loneliness.
- Helps build and maintain healthy bones, muscles and joints, and makes people
with chronic, disabling conditions improve their stamina.
- Can help in the management of painful conditions, like back pain or knee
- Improves balance, strength, coordination, flexibility and
- Improves feelings of self-confidence and
An inactive lifestyle can cause older adults
to lose ground in four areas that are important for staying healthy and independent: strength, balance,
flexibility, and endurance.
Have you stopped running or walking
because of joint pain, injury or just because you think it is too hard on you? Boomer Beach Fitness has the
solution. We use the GlideCycle™, which will make it possible for you to walk and
run without pain. For more information about the GlideCycle™ please
visit their website at http://glidecycle.com
Growing older doesn't mean you have to lose strength or your ability to do
everyday tasks. Exercise can help older adults feel better and enjoy life more, even those who think they're too
old or too out of shape.